About This Journal
The DNP Forum is a peer-reviewed, open access journal dedicated to providing an online, worldwide platform to disseminate clinical practice scholarship guided by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing Essentials of Doctoral Education for Advanced Nursing Practice (AACN, 2006).
Publication of The DNP Forum is coordinated by faculty from St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing in collaboration with colleagues at other institutions.
To contact the editorial staff of The DNP Forum, email: email@example.com
About the Wegmans School of Nursing:
Professional nursing education at the undergraduate and graduate level requires discipline to meet and exceed professional standards; knowledge of liberal arts and sciences, as well as nursing theory and scholarly practice; and goodness in the sense of commitment to meeting societal nursing needs for diverse populations through accountable practice.
The Wegmans School of Nursing is dedicated to graduating professional and advanced practice nurses who will provide expert, compassionate, ethical care and be leaders in nursing and health care environments. To promote an internalized standard of excellence in nursing practice, the school fosters academic and clinical practice environments for students that provide the opportunity for student and faculty to engage in:
- Active involvement in the quest for knowledge.
- Professional competence.
- Collaborative relationships.
- Ongoing personal growth.
- Flexibility and openness to change.
- Effective communication.
- Modeling of professional behaviors.
- Community involvement.
- To prepare professional entry level and advanced practice nurses
- To provide educational models that are sensitive to the needs of a diverse student body
- To participate in local, state, national, and global healthcare and nursing education policy development and implementation in professional and civic venues
- To provide a supportive, collegial environment that encourages excellence in teaching/learning, professional development and faculty scholarship